Location: Manuel Antonio, Uvita

 Day 16

Today we woke up at the Mono Azul and had pancakes, eggs, beans, rice and fruit with orange juice for breakfast. After breakfast we all gathered our stuff and got back in the bus for another day at the beach and surfing! The beach wasn’t far from the hotel and as always it was beautiful. We stayed at the beach for a few hours. Half of the group rented surfboards and was shredding “the gnar” in Costa Rica. The waves were further out and forming beautifully. When that group was out surfing the other half of the group got caught in a rip current, Martin and another surfer that was in the water helped them get out of it. After we all got out of the water and were getting ready to go to lunch, a few of us bought fresh coconuts that were cut for us to drink the coconut water. We walked over to the bus to drop off our wet towels and our bus driver cut open the coconuts for us so we could eat the meat out of it. Lunch was simple but good and well needed. The restaurant was right across from the water so it had a great view. When lunch was done we all got back on the bus and headed to our next hotel we would spend the nigh in. The hotel was called Cabina, it was small and cozy for a one night stay. At 3 we walked to the beach to go on a hike and to watch the sun set. We had to cross a wide stream at one point so a few of us tried to use a log as a bridge to get over it, when we put the log in the river it broke so it didn’t work. Renae made us take the log out of the water because according to ecology that can mess up an environment. Not even half way into the walk it started raining and we were told a storm was coming so we had to go back to the hotel. Matteo forgot his rain jacket and was soaking wet on the walk back. After being at the hotel for a while we had Martin walk with all of us to a store that was down the street to get snacks for our long car ride tomorrow. Dinner was at 6, and at 8 we had a meeting with the whole group to talk about the past week. We played cards and then went off to bed.