Life is uncertain, so students and parents may want to consider protecting their tuition investment for our teen travel programs.
Purchasing Travel Protection provides coverage for unexpected travel emergencies with benefits such as accident & sickness medical expenses, trip delay, and trip interruption coverage. You may also choose to purchase the optional cancel for any reason benefit that allows an additional degree of flexibility should your plans change before the summer. Options are dependent on where you live, so scroll down the page to learn more about purchasing travel protection for our teen travel programs.
We recommend you consider purchasing the GXG Protection Plan, as this plan is available for U.S. Residents.
The GXG Protection Plan provides many benefits, including coverage for unexpected travel emergencies like a medical emergency or theft or loss of passports, travel documents, or visas and, in certain cases, up to 100% of non-refundable tuition.
This website contains highlights of the plans, which include travel insurance coverages underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company under form series T7000 et. al., T210 et. al. and TP-401 et. al. The Crum & Forster group of companies is rated A (Excellent) by AM Best 2022. C&F and Crum & Forster are registered trademarks of United States Fire Insurance Company. The plans also contain noninsurance Travel Assistance Services provided by C&F Services through Active Claims Management (2018) Inc., operating as “Active Care Management”, “ACM”, “Global Excel Management”, and/or “Global Excel”. Coverages may vary and not all coverage is available in all jurisdictions. Insurance coverages are subject to the terms, limitations and exclusions in the plan, including an exclusion for pre-existing conditions. In most states, your travel retailer is not a licensed insurance producer/agent, and is not qualified or authorized to answer technical questions about the terms, benefits, exclusions, and conditions of the insurance offered or to evaluate the adequacy of your existing insurance coverage. Your travel retailer may provide general information about the plans offered, including a description of the coverage and price. The purchase of travel insurance is not required in order to purchase any other product or service from your travel retailer. Your travel retailer maybe compensated for the purchase of a plan. CA DOI toll free number: 800-927-4357. The cost of your plan is for the entire plan, which consists of both insurance and non-insurance components. Individuals looking to obtain additional information regarding the features and pricing of each travel plan component, please contact Travel Insured: P.O. Box 6503, Glastonbury, CT 06033; 855-752-8303; firstname.lastname@example.org; California license #0I13223.
What does it cover?
The GXG Protection Plan provides coverage for the following:
- Trip Cancellation – Reimburses 100% of your non-refundable covered trip cost for cancellation reasons such as injury, sickness, terrorist incidents, job termination, or transfer of employment of 250 miles.
- Optional Cancel for Any Reason Benefit – Provides reimbursement of up to 75% of the unused non-refundable payments or deposits you paid for your trip, when you cancel your trip prior to the scheduled departure date for any reason not otherwise covered by this plan provided:
1. You purchase the Cancel for Any Reason Benefit within the Time Sensitive Period; and
2. You cancel Your Trip no later than 48 hours prior to the Scheduled Departure Date of Your Trip.
You can only purchase this benefit at the time the base plan is purchased.
This Cancel For Any Reason Benefit does not cover penalties associated with any air or other Travel Arrangements not provided by Global Expeditions Group | ActionQuest, Seamester, GoBeyond or the failure of Global Expeditions Group | ActionQuest, Seamester, GoBeyond to provide the bargained-for Travel Arrangements due to cessation of operations for any reason.
Additional cost applies. Not available to residents of NY state.
- Trip Interruption – Reimburses up to 125% of your trip cost for the unused, prepaid non-refundable payments or deposits paid for the land or water travel arrangements you purchased for your trip plus the additional transportation cost if you interrupt your trip for a covered reason.
- Emergency Accident & Sickness Medical Expense – Provides reimbursement for any non-refundable accident and sickness medical expenses incurred during your trip up to $100,000.
- Baggage and Personal Effects – Reimburses up to $1000 for damaged, lost, or stolen baggage or personal effects.
- Trip Delay – Up to $150 per day, to a maximum of $750
- Missed Connection: Up to $500
What About Covid-19?
The Travel Insured International plan is underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company, and they are closely monitoring developments regarding COVID-19 (the Coronavirus). We understand and appreciate that our customers are looking for information to help them understand more about their Travel Protection Plans and the possible coverage provided in the context of the current COVID-19 outbreak. This is a very challenging situation for people across the globe, and we share your concerns about the impact of the pandemic on the health and well-being of our traveling public.
For quick answers about COVID-19 related questions or concerns, please review this FAQ document.
What is the cost?
The cost of the GXG Protection Plan is calculated based on a number of aspects, including:
- The length of your trip
- The total cost of tuition
- Whether you select the Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) benefit, if eligible*
Typically, the cost of a standard plan (without CFAR) is approximately 5-7% of the total tuition/travel costs.
*Optional “Cancel For Any Reason” is not a benefit offered in the State of New York and must be purchased within a specific time period from the date of initial deposit for all other US residents. Additional cost and terms apply.
How do I purchase the GXG Protection Plan?
You can purchase the GXG Protection Plan in two different ways:
- During your enrollment process– On step 4 of the enrollment application, you’ll have the option to select GXG Protection Plan, and the premium will be added to your trip deposit at that time.
- After application and initial deposit– While most families select travel protection at the time they initially enroll, there are opportunities to purchase at a later date. To be eligible to purchase travel protection:
1. In all cases, we require you to purchase travel protection before full tuition has been paid.
2. If you enrolled and deposited for a program that starts 60 days or more from the date on which you deposited, payment for the travel protection plan must be received PRIOR TO 60 days before the trip start date.
3. If you enrolled and deposited for a program that starts within 60 days of the date on which you deposited, payment for the travel protection plan must be received within 14 days of your deposit date.
How do I initiate a claim with Travel Insured?
To start a claim, please contact Travel Insured at 855.752.8303 and select the option to be connected to their Claims Department. You can also check out their Claim Process infographic for more detail.
Please note that our Account ID is 61858.
If you need to download a copy of your policy documents, click HERE
The Travel Insured Claims Team will assist you in starting your claim, and we will work with them to provide all the details about your enrollment. You’ll be able to check the status by clicking on the following link and, once the claims review has been completed and you’ve been found eligible, Travel Insured will reimburse the appropriate deposit and tuition amounts directly to you.
How do I initiate a claim with TripMate? (Our carrier Pre- Nov 1, 2022)
If you enrolled and selected to purchase the TripMate Trip Cancellation Insurance before November 1, 2023, then your plan is administrated by TripMate. If you need to initiate a claim, please contact Tripmate directly on 1.800.888.7292 or go click on the button below. Please note that our plan number is F436A.
We will work with TripMate to provide them with the details about your enrollment and they will refund all of the appropriate deposit and tuition amounts directly to you.
If you need to download a copy of your policy documents you can do so by clicking HERE
TripMate offers a specific policy for those students joining us from Canada.
Similar in many ways to the US version of the Travel Insured policy, the Canadian version provides coverage for unexpected travel emergencies, including medical, evacuation (medical & non-medical), airline, and trip interruption coverage. This policy is available both with or without a “cancel for any reason” provision and is most beneficial when purchased within 21 days of the initial trip deposit, as it then covers pre-existing conditions.
What Does It Cover?
The primary benefits of this TripMate insurance package are as follows.
- Trip Cancellation Up to 100% Trip Cost
- Trip Interruption Up to 100% Trip Cost
- Accident and Sickness Medical Expense $1,000,000
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation $250,000
- Non Medical Emergency Evacuation $50,000
- Travel Delay $1,000 ($150/day – 12 hours)
- Missed Connection $750 (3 hours)
- Baggage & Personal Effects $1,500
- Baggage Delay $500 (12 hours)
- Pre-Existing Conditions Exclusion waiver if purchased within 21 days of deposit
What is the Cost?
The cost of the insurance is dependent on both the cost and duration of the adventure, but also takes into account the student’s age and state of residence.
To receive an instant quote, click on the link to launch the TripMate web page and enter details of the trip that you are considering.
How Do I Enroll?
Since there are rules governing when you are eligible to enroll for insurance, we recommend that you don’t delay and sign up the same day you are accepted into an ActionQuest teen travel program. We’ll email you information about the policy yet the easiest and quickest way is to click on the link below.
Residents from countries other than USA and Canada
Trip cancellation insurance policies are typically regulated by the laws established in the traveler’s home country, so it’s not possible to suggest a “one-size-fits-all” solution for our non-us families.
While travel medical insurance is readily available through organizations like INSUBUY, we suggest an online search for “trip cancellation insurance” for those looking to ensure their investment.