We believe it to be important for students and parents to consider protecting their tuition investment by purchasing Tuition & Travel Protection Insurance, and most families take advantage of our recommended tuition & travel protection insurance plans.
Our most commonly selected insurance package is offered by TripMate and is available for US and Canadian residents. TripMate's insurance policy provides coverage for unexpected travel emergencies including medical, evacuation, airline* and trip interruption coverage.
The cost of the policy is as follows:
> $340 for residents of the US and Canada except NY State. This policy includes 100% tuition refund if you cancel for a covered reason and offers a "Cancel for Any Reason" provision where 75% of the tuition would be refunded for any reason up to 72 hours before trip departure.
> $230 for residents of NY State. This policy includes 100% tuition refund if you cancel for a covered reason. "Cancel for Any Reason" is not a provision offered in the State of NY.
Enroll for the TripMate Tuition & Travel Protection Insurance on step 3 of the ActionQuest enrollment application or, should you select to add this policy at a later date, please call our office to discuss the options. Learn more about this poilcy by visiting www.actionquest.com/insurance
For international students (non US and Canadian), Abroad Insurance offers a similar Insurance plan, which can be accessed here: International Insurance
The TripMate Tuition & Travel Protection Insurance provides coverage for the following:
- Trip Cancellation - Covers 100% of your trip cost for cancellation reasons such as injury, sickness, terrorist incidents, job termination, transfer of employment of 250 miles.
- Cancel for Any Reason** - If you cancel your Trip for any reason not otherwise covered by this policy, TripMate will reimburse you for 75% of the unused non-refundable prepaid expenses for Travel Arrangements you paid for your Trip. Please note that "Cancel for Any Reason" is not a provision offered in the State of NY.
- Trip Interruption - Covers up to 125% of your trip cost if your program is interrupted for covered reasons such as injury, sickness, terrorist incidents, job termination &transfer of employment of 250 miles.
- Medical Expenses/Emergency Assistance - Covers for accident and sickness medical expense, emergency evacuation and repatriation and also includes on call 24-hour assistance services.
- Baggage - Up to $1000 for damage, lost, or stolen personal articles.
* Please note that the Trip Mate insurance plan will only cover the cost of your flights to and from the program under very specific circumstances. For this reason, we suggest that you insure the cost of your flights directly through the airlines.
** In order to apply for insurance: 1. You must apply before full tuition has been paid. AND/OR 2. Payment for this plan must be received by ActionQuest no later than 60 days prior to the trip start date; AND/OR if your trip is initially booked within 60 days of the trip start date, payment for this plan is received within 14 days of your initial deposit for the trip; AND 2. trip cancel must occur more than 72 hours before the trip start date.